- Concerning with the fact that at the at east sumatra , some section of the pipeline was found rised to
- TGI wants to identify and measure stress occurs on the pipeline.
- To answer the need, an engineering work is then carried out to install fiber optic strain gage system and
monitoring the data output from the system to assure the pipeline is still in safe condition.
Scope of Work :
- Stage 1: Preparation Work
- Pipeline stress analysis
- Site Preperation
- Stage 2: Initial Work
- Preparing access to location
- Strain Gauge checking
- Site prejob meeting
- Stage 3: Installing and Monitoring
- Installation (Strain gauge installation, Fiber optic cable routing, On site system validation, Covering with TLPE coating, Strain Gauge Sensitivity Check, Strain Gauge Data Validation.
- Monitoring (Strain gages data sample from 9 September until 28 February 2015, Strain gages data sample from 9 September until 28 February 2015)
- Stage 4: Engineering Analysis
- Stage 5: Preliminary Report and Presentation
- Stage 6: Final Report and Recommendation
- Data validation has shown that the strain gage shows proper linear behavior as function of load. Difference of 26% higher compared to the FEM result was found.
- Every time the peat soil became wet with the coming of rainy season, it can generate the buoyancy force which will push the pipeline upward
- The working stresses were obtained from the loading of internal gas pressure and due to bending that had been happened during the incremental process of pipeline rising. Axial stress of 126.22 MPa from gas pressure was determined by assuming 900 psi (6.2 MPa) gas pressure. Bending load was simulated to obtain 1.5 m pipeline displacement.
- The pipeline displacement was assumed that the rised pipeline was initially buried with 1.5 m depth of cover as normally applied in the buried pipeline construction. Depends on the model, the range of 26 to 33 MPa maximum bending stress was the result of the simulation.
- Looking at the total stress as shown, and comparing them against critical allowable stress of 403 MPa, the current approximated total stresses are still considered safe with safety factor more than 2.
Wisma PMI Building 3rd & 4th floor,
Jl. Wijaya 1 No. 63, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta - Indonesia. Graha Trihasco Phone : +62 21 7654104
Fax : +62 21 7655584
Jln. Puri Sakti I No. 30
Cipete Selatan (Antasari)
Jakarta Selatan 12410
3rd & 4th floor,
Jl. Wijaya 1 No. 63,
Jakarta - Indonesia.
+62 21 7654104
+62 21 7655584E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Jl. RA. Abusamah No. 2304A
Phone +62 711 5612767
Fax +62 711 411236